Acadoparadoxides levisetti. authentic ?

Paleorunner

I have seen online this Acadoparadoxides levisetti (Middle Cambrian), from the Wawrmast Formation, Alnif (Morocco). 14cm
I was wondering how much restoration there is, or if it's all a cast. :headscratch:

@Kane

@piranha

@aeon.rocks

Screenshot_20220326-192539.thumb.png.9d3d7b6d247b4fbfa1157e14e593e99e.pngScreenshot_20220327-104234.thumb.png.a3f8ec74e099841a3b8a9516c1f032e5.pngScreenshot_20220327-104431.thumb.png.ca78a946f2587b90be19961c20a3d73c.png

Edited by Paleorunner

No pro here but I'm questioning the differences between the pleural spines on both sides both just after the cephalon and above the pygidium. They just look weird to me.

• Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Sjfriend said:

No pro here but I'm questioning the differences between the pleural spines on both sides both just after the cephalon and above the pygidium. They just look weird to me.

Thanks for answering.
I also see strange the spines that you mention, it changes the 3d, and the color tones, I have no idea if it is degradation, or restoration.
In any case, given the usual forgery, in these Moroccan trilobites, I don't trust anything I see. :unsure:
I'm going to add a couple more photos, in case you can see better detail.

Some parts of the thorax seem authentic, but I certainly don't trust much else on this one. :unsure:

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer