A ogyginus trilobite or a Fake?

I could have this very nice looking Trilobite ID "ogyginus corndensis (murchison 1839) from gilwern hill, powys, wales. lower llanvirn, darwilian, ordovician"but i have a doubt,the sample seems for me too perfect to be real,the matrix is very light brown,could it be a fake?I only have this picture  ,an Opinion?

TRILO.jpg

trilo2.jpg

The prodactylioceras davoie Ammonite lower Pliensbachien  carixien Cote d'Or - France on the side looks good for me but the trilobite is too perfect to be real,isn't it?Museum shop trilo resine cast?

Edited by nala

Not sure how much can be said going off of this picture alone. Can you request more photos?

image.png.190f7edcba28fcc52f38f21f1d249aae.png

• I Agree 1

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

Moved to IS IT REAL.

Better pictures will likely be needed.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Unfortunatly,i must say yes or no today with this poor picture,i think i will take it to see :( ;i will say when i will receive it

15 minutes ago, nala said:

Unfortunatly,i must say yes or no today with this poor picture,i think i will take it to see :( ;i will say when i will receive it

LUCK. :fingerscrossed:

This is definitely not an ogyginus cordensis from gilwern hill. It could be a ogyiocarella from builth wells. but the head looks compacted on the body for the number of thorax segments. I suspect that it is a replica and not a genuine fossil. but a better closer image in natural daylight will highlight the rock its sat in as well and i will then be definitely be able to help you then as i have seen many many UK and british fossils. 

good luck

• Enjoyed 1

2 hours ago, fossils-uk said:

This is definitely not an ogyginus cordensis from gilwern hill. It could be a ogyiocarella from builth wells. but the head looks compacted on the body for the number of thorax segments. I suspect that it is a replica and not a genuine fossil. but a better closer image in natural daylight will highlight the rock its sat in as well and i will then be definitely be able to help you then as i have seen many many UK and british fossils. 

good luck

Thanks,i will say when i have it,thanks!

• 7 months later...
On 31/3/2022 at 6:54, nala said:

Tenía razón, es un molde de resina.:(

IMG_5708.JPG

IMG_5714.JPG

IMG_5715.JPG

How did you determine that it is a resin mold? to my inexperienced eye it looks real and I would like to know how you found out it was a mold

9 minutes ago, joaoarguello3 said:

How did you determine that it is a resin mold? to my inexperienced eye it looks real and I would like to know how you found out it was a mold

Look at the picture taken, of the bottom of the specimen. It has holes left from air bubbles.

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 1
  • I Agree 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.