Williamrockstead

Head down to Ocala to volunteer for UF at Montbrook! Would love to be able to hunt after work ! 

There used to be some quarries in the Ocala area and the FLMNH has fossils from some old sites in the area that were on private land. I'm not aware of any easily accessible public sites in Ocala. If you like Indian food you'll see the signs on the highway for the restaurant right on the main drag (College Rd). One of our favorites when passing by the area.

If you'll be out at Montbrook this weekend you'll see me and Tammy there--we'll be there every weekend through the end of the season (May 16 if the rains hold off).

Cheers.

-Ken

• Thank You 1

If you were planning on Saturday, I've just gotten the word that it is cancelled due to high probability of thunder storms. Looks (so far) like a go for Sunday though.

Cheers.

-Ken

Stop by to see the Fantastic Fossils exhibit at the display museum on campus (Powell Hall). Heading out shortly for the museum members preview tonight. Since we won't be at Montbrook tomorrow, I may stop in and do some fossil prep there tomorrow instead. In addition to some nice exhibits from the Paleobotany, Invertebrate Paleontology and Vertebrate Paleontology departments there will also be a "live lab" with volunteers working on various fossil tasks (fossil prep, sorting & cataloging, micro-matrix picking) through the end of the year.

https://www.floridamuseum.ufl.edu/pressroom/2022/03/28/fantastic-fossils-exhibit/

Cheers.

-Ken

I will ! I stopped by about an hour ago an renewed my membership! How do you volunteer for matrix picking?