Prep lab redesign, new blast box and new microscope!

hadrosauridae

I decided that I had put it off for long enough, so recently I torn apart my work and rebuilt it at a proper working height.  I also built a test blast box out of cardboard in order to better evaluate the usage with a boom-arm microscope.  And lastly, my new Swift S7 microscope arrived!

• Enjoyed 4

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin

Very interesting. Another thought to prevent tipping/movement of the microscope is to screw another small board into the side just above the left edge of the microscope base. That would hold it down but you can still slide the base out easily if you need to move it. I’ll be interested to see how that scope works for you. 

• I found this Informative 2

Nice! I am sure that new microscope will really come in handy. I look foward to your next video. :)

-Micah

• Thank You 1

"as much as I hate to have down time".. I agree, spending time repairing tools and fixing up the lab is frustrating.  Hell, I don't even like to waste time sweeping, but ya gotta do it.

The cardboard mockup is a great idea.

Edited by jpc
  • Enjoyed 2
  • Thank You 1