Dinosaur Eggs with Embryos

Please take a look of the two eggs with well developed embryos from Ganzhou, Jiangxi Province of China.  I was told that the embryos were revealed only because the eggs were broken with bones exposed.  These are amazing fossils if they are genuine.  Do they look like genuine bones or fabricated ones?

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-21 at 1.54.40 PM.jpeg

Edited by Crazyhen
  • Enjoyed 1

These look fabricated to me.

Look at the cut out for the "bones".

1876538829_WhatsAppImage2022-04-21at1_54_40PM.jpeg.32d10adf596ae486887c78bafc63d055.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 4

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

Interesting that you dont have a sharp photo of where the bones are sitting.  Would like to see those images too see the bones and how they are laying.  Also one of the far side that is missing.  If real they are beyond amazing but I doubt its authenticity.

Here is one of the best preserved eggs in the world you can compare against.  Crazy but its also from Ganzhou, your pair a copy???  Matrix and eggshell similar but the bones are not jumbled and very detailed.  Oh its an Oviraptorid.

211222224924-01-dinosaur-egg-fossil-super-169.jpg.a33654ab67f9901d11d705dc8e790834.jpg

Screenshot_20220421-040633_Chrome.jpg.85fbbee4b64ce2bab1851bdaa5741645.jpg

• I found this Informative 4
  • I Agree 1

I dont know if they are real or not but found myself being automatically suspect.  I dont like being that way but with all the fakery out there I cant help it. If it was me and i was going to buy these I would want to have them sittin in front of me with everything I would need to do whatever test I could to determine if so.  I would imagine that these, if real, would go for more than a hundred bucks.   :)

RB

• I Agree 1

10 hours ago, Crazyhen said:

Please take a look of the two eggs with well developed embryos from Ganzhou, Jiangxi Province of China.  I was told that the embryos were revealed only because the eggs were broken with bones exposed.  These are amazing fossils if they are genuine.  Do they look like genuine bones or fabricated ones?

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-21 at 1.54.40 PM.jpeg

I think the same as the others, I see no indication that the embryos are real.
As you have been told, when the eggs were broken, the interior was discovered, revealing the embryos.
My question is the following: why are these highly developed embryos, which have remained protected inside the egg, appearing in that state? (a mass of shapeless bones, which are not known to be).
If these eggs are for sale, just say that they would be very exclusive fossils. (I have come across many for direct sale, and auction, with many kinds of qualities, and prices, this would be the first time that I would see some eggs with a embryo at the sale, if this is so, they would have an unattractive price, and exorbitant for this type of fossil. :default_faint:

Thanks all for the feedbacks.  I tried to obtain a few more photos from the seller though the quality is still not very good.  Let me tell you more about how these eggs were prepped (as said by the seller).  The seller collects eggs from development sites.  Some eggs were found broken when they were dug out (bear in mind that sometimes they use dynamite to blow up the development site), and when they spotted bones, they would prep the eggs by removing the matrix using simple hand tools, the prepping as you would expect is very rough and that might make the bones appear carved.  I am not saying that the eggs are genuine or not, I could not tell from the photos.  I am just interested to know if the eggs could be genuine, if yes, it's really quite amazing.  By the way, if the embryo is real, which part does the large piece of bone belong to?  Thanks!

IMG_4885.JPG

IMG_4884.JPG

IMG_4883.JPG

IMG_4882.JPG

Thanks for the additional photos.  Seen enough, the bones appear fake, carved and haphazardly placed.  

• I Agree 2

I agree. The bones definitely look fake. Plus if they were real it would cost a LOT more than most of us could probably afford.

-Micah

Edited by fossilhunter21

The simple fact that the "bones" were not the main focus of the first pic and more detailed pictures had to be obtained, is a giant red flag.
If t was real and I was selling it, I'd supply a lot of pictures in focus showing as much detail as possible from all angles - to show it off and attract as many buyers as possible. Not just one, out of focus picture. 

The reasons why are obvious..... and now we see the "bones" close up, something is not right about them. 

• I Agree 3

There could also be bits of real fossil material incorporated into it to make it seem more genuine and like one complete fossil. All in all I don't trust it.

• 2 weeks later...