virginia triassic. trace fossil?

val horn

went hunting in virginia triassic looking through red stones in construction zones.  Didnt find much,  the one thing I found looks like a trace fossil to me, though I dont recognize it.  I am open to suggestions, the trace is 8c m by one  cm of a looking like series of circular flat disks on a thread.

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

This looks more like typical weathering of the layers of siltstone in this piece, but there are plenty of trace fossils in those red rocks, so keep poking around.

• I found this Informative 2

On 5/4/2022 at 8:46 PM, val horn said:

construction zones. 

Was this freshly exposed ? A gouge made by construction processes would need to be considered.

• I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Rockwood said:

Was this freshly exposed ? A gouge made by construction processes would need to be considered.

That was my first thought as well.  In the process of excavation and moving rocks around a site, plenty of them gouge each other.

• I found this Informative 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Even in other types of construction heavy objects can be dropped or thrown around.

It was freshly exposed,  and i would like it to be something interesting, but that doesnt make it so

i dont think it a conglomerate most of the red rock in the area was smooth and without much texture, it is not "potamac Marble" but beyond that I dont know enough geology.    ? what is a dewatering feature?  

The type I've collected occurred when water from pore spaces in sediments was forced through a less permeable layer. Wrinkling is one aspect of it.

• Thank You 1