Amber from Lee Creek, North Carolina

almach

I  could not find the date I found the attached amber from Lee Creek (about 26 trips). Had misplaced it (in one of my Miscellaneous bins, instead of one of my Lee Creek bins),

but finally located it and  is 4 inches long and 3 inches wide and a little over an inch high.  I wonder how many, if any, inclusions could be inside?  

PSLC00693.JPG

fyi...such material from Lee Creek has been referred to as fossil resin rather than amber .

I have a bunch of it, but it is mostly on the opaque side like yours, so I haven't seen any inclusions.  Come to think of it, I haven't heard of any either.  I wonder why that is?       :zzzzscratchchin:

• I found this Informative 1

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana

5 hours ago, hemipristis said:

fyi...such material from Lee Creek has been referred to as fossil resin rather than amber .

I have a bunch of it, but it is mostly on the opaque side like yours, so I haven't seen any inclusions.  Come to think of it, I haven't heard of any either.  I wonder why that is?       :zzzzscratchchin:

Considering that it is from the Miocene, I should have known that.  I do have some Copal that does have plenty of inclusions that I can see under magnification.  Thank you for your correction.

7 hours ago, hemipristis said:

The elasmo.com website has some photos of insects in Pungo River amber/resin. Here's a link- http://www.elasmo.com/leecreek/slides/lc_amber.html

• I found this Informative 1
  • Thank You 1