Hello Fossil Forum,

this is on auction as a nose horn of a juvenile Triceratops horridus. It’s from the Hell Creek FM of Montana. What do you think about it’s preservation? I like it's look and surface structure but there’s not much online to compare with. According to the sellers (which I had pleasant deals with before, all items as described) it’s without restoration or repair. Do you think it’s indeed from T. horridus or more likely T. prorsus?
Thanks!

s-l1600.jpeg

s-l1600f.jpeg

s-l1600e.jpeg

s-l1600d.jpeg

s-l1600c.jpeg

s-l1600b.jpeg

It's real and typical of the preservation found at this locality.  The one side has a bit of the skin missing but overall it's a pretty nice specimen.

I do not believe it's T. horridus more likely T. prorsus but cannot exclude that it's a transitional Triceratops from the middle unit of the HC,  Triceratops sp..  May not be a juvenile but a subadult.  I also don't believe it's Torosaurus,  another option, their nasal bosses look more like T.  horridus.

• I found this Informative 2

Thanks Troodon! I've seen your "My Jurassic Park" postings, your dinosaur fossils are just wow... :default_faint:

• Thank You 1

I agree with Troodon. But I'd say it looks more like T. prorsus than T. horridus.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite