Rikache

Hi there everyone!

I recently came across a listing for what is described as a partial Edmontosaurus toe bone and I thought it would be a unique addition to my collection. The specimen’s description says it was found in the Hell Creek Formation of Montana which is pretty commonplace with this seller, but I attempted to get in contact with the seller to try and get more information about the fossil (exact locality, how they IDd the specimen, etc.) and they unfortunately never responded. I was wondering if any of y’all would give it a look and give some of your own opinions. I’d love to see what y’all think about it!

Also once again, thank you all for all of the help, you guys are awesome!

B040620B-DE3B-4BE4-978B-78A6827ABFC4.jpeg

68222A86-9CCC-48E6-83DA-CADC2F95D4FC.jpeg

0A325659-72BE-4C97-B920-099DE3FD078B.jpeg

37BBD668-68BD-468E-9B72-2CD4D10E1091.jpeg

94B2C12B-48B0-499D-838A-67359DC8A8C3.jpeg

Yes, that looks like a hadrosaur toe bone. Or at least, half of it.

It looks like it's probably from toe III or IV. More likely IV.

1-s2.0-S0195667114000950-gr14.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Its pretty weathered and partial, not the best specimen of a toe bone.  Better examples with good provenances are always out there.  Might reconsider your buying options with a seller that does respond to you.

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, Troodon said:

Its pretty weathered and partial, not the best specimen of a toe bone.  Better examples with good provenances are always out there.  Might reconsider your buying options with a seller that does respond to you.

Thanks so much for your input! The fossil is very reasonably priced since it is in fact pretty worn down, but I have a tendency to really appreciate specimens for what they are rather than how they look. I think It’ll make a nice addition to my somewhat entry level collection.