What is the stratigraphic and paleogeographic range of Whitfieldoceras?

siteseer

One of my friends has a Whitfieldoceras specimen from the Ordovician of Wisconsin.  He asked me if I knew anything more about it.  I didn't and didn't see much online.  Does it have a record outside the Ordovician?  Is it found elsewhere in the U.S./the world?

I have the same question about Beloitoceras.  He has one of those from the same site.  I think I have one from a Minnesota site somewhere but couldn't find it.  Is it known from elsewhere and did it survive beyond the Ordovician?

Thanks,

Jess

According to the Treatise (K) Whitfieldoceras is restricted to North America and Beloitoceras is listed from North America and numerous European countries. The stratigraphic range is middle to upper Ordovician for both.

• I found this Informative 1

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

From personal experience, I can add that Beloitoceras is found in the Platteville of Illinois as well.

• I found this Informative 1

23 hours ago, piranha said:

According to the Treatise (K) Whitfieldoceras is restricted to North America and Beloitoceras is listed from North America and numerous European countries. The stratigraphic range is middle to upper Ordovician for both.

Thanks, Scott.

17 hours ago, connorp said:

From personal experience, I can add that Beloitoceras is found in the Platteville of Illinois as well.

Thanks, Connor.