Unknown invertebrate

SawTooth

I found this fossil a few years ago (since coronavirus started) in south Louisiana. I found another fossil tooth, likely mammal, that conveniently disappeared as soon as I got my forum account. It appears to be an Isapod like creature, any help? Sorry the picture quality is not great.IMG_20220518_150742.thumb.jpg.c324d7dbe6b2391979477053905027ba.jpgIMG_20220518_150818.thumb.jpg.b4579bf5cca32f5566c1622503d5a9f7.jpgIMG_20220518_150831.thumb.jpg.4aba5e8ec143d165328d845a227c326a.jpgIMG_20220518_150936.thumb.jpg.7e11c69a3ddae142839aba3436dff889.jpg

1 hour ago, Rockwood said:

I'm pretty sure that's a piece of coral pretending to be an isopod. 

What parts of the fossil hints that it is coral?

Could this be a redeposited fossil from an earlier era cast into Louisiana from the Mississippi River flood plain? I only suggest this because here in NJ the geology of SJ below the Cretaceous belt is mostly unconsolidated Quaternary sands and gravels. Here can be found silicified corals in chert gravels, along with brachiopod impressions of Paleozoic age that originated in a shallow sea before the original Appalachians. Older fossils can sometimes be reworked into younger strata. Thank God it isn't a two way street.

6 hours ago, C.P. Sheridan said:

Could this be a redeposited fossil from an earlier era cast into Louisiana from the Mississippi River flood plain?

I wouldn't be surprised. It does have the look of a rugose coral.

It reminds me of praying mantis egg case,  but this looks like there's something inside and what are the drippy leg looking things underneath? Looks like a grub worm of sorts more than coral :)

I agree with the coral ID... If you took it off the rock you would likely be able to see for sure.

1 hour ago, Lone Hunter said:

but this looks like there's something inside and what are the drippy leg looking things underneath?

It's the inside that needs to be explained. The drippy structures look like the result of recrystallization and weathering to me. Neither would seem likely in the preservation of a case.