Statue to Mary Anning

Ossicle

Another one I don't know where to put. The statue has been unveiled I think today. I love looking at her finds in museums, and she was so important. I picked this article because it actually shows what the statue looks like.

https://www-bbc-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-61520324.amp?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#amp_tf=From %1%24s&aoh=16531625375122&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com

Edited by Ossicle
  • I found this Informative 2
  • Enjoyed 2

Great! She was really a pioneer in fossil digging, dealing and scientific work. When you think about what life was like for women at that time, it´s almost unbelievable what she accomplished. 

• I Agree 2

It may have taken centuries for us to appreciate her for what she did, but I'm very glad she's now finally getting the recognition she justly deserves! She's been such a pioneer and foundational scientist in the field of palaeontology, all the while fighting uphill from the fact she was a woman from a poor background... I'm so glad this stayed is finally here! :yay-smiley-1:

Some more footage if the statue to admire it in the dimensions:

• Enjoyed 3

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

A hero to me from childhood. :b_love1:

Edited by Tidgy's Dad
  • I Agree 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png