Possible trace fossil *solved: load and flame structures*

JBkansas

Not sure if these are trace fossils. The rock looks like a cast of the sea floor.

20220527_181535.jpg

20220527_181518.jpg

Edited by JBkansas

The lighter coloured diagonal thing in centre does look like a pelleted burrow (something like Ophiomorpha or maybe Alcyonidiopsis), as does a similar piece just below. But hard to say. Some of the other lumpy bits could be too but could also be loading features. Certainly worth looking for more..

• Enjoyed 1
  • Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

Load structures

978-1-4020-3609-5_11_Part_Fig6_HTML.png.8b3e32dbe0871f69a444ac36503f6115.png

• I found this Informative 2

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

• JBkansas changed the title to Possible trace fossil *solved: load and flame structures*

Hi, interesting structures.

I do have a mundane question:

How can I change a threads title. e.g.  to call it solved?

Best Regards,

J

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something

Thomas Henry Huxley

22 minutes ago, Mahnmut said:

Hi, interesting structures.

I do have a mundane question:

How can I change a threads title. e.g.  to call it solved?

Best Regards,

J

If your original post is still recent enough, you should simply be able to edit that, which should allow you to change the title and tags as well, I believe. Otherwise, you'd need the help of an administrator, but I think that'd be overkill to set a thread to "solved". Might be an interesting feature to add to the forum, though ;)

• Thank You 1

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

22 minutes ago, pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon said:

If your original post is still recent enough, you should simply be able to edit that, which should allow you to change the title and tags as well, I believe. Otherwise, you'd need the help of an administrator, but I think that'd be overkill to set a thread to "solved". Might be an interesting feature to add to the forum, though ;)

One of the reasons we keep topics open is that there is always the possibility that what we considered “solved” may be questioned by new information (as is the nature of science). In certain cases, it is not highly probable that the identification is likely to change, but keeping things open just in case is likely why we haven’t pursued a forum feature that declares an ID query as solved. :) 

• I found this Informative 3
  • I Agree 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer