Camarasaurus vertebra

FF7_Yuffie

Hello, any thoughts on this?

Supposedly Camarasaurus vert.

9cm x 6.25 x 6.5

Found in Crook County, Wyoming. It apparently has some restoration.

Any help appreciated as always!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Attached find photos of Camarasaurus vertebrae you can compare against.  Look at the round profile of the centrums and compare it to yours, looks different but the photos provided and not the best.  My initial reaction its not and there seems to be more than trival resto.

Screenshot_20220530-080614_Drive.thumb.jpg.c4a65c5a37314c84abe01bbece03afa9.jpgScreenshot_20220530-080601_Drive.thumb.jpg.7ebf508c25d62d7b23c63eebefcdfd19.jpg

• I found this Informative 1
  • Thank You 1

Hah! I'd be very interested in seeing what the opinions on this piece turn out to be. I've been discussing this vendor elsewhere, and have my doubts about both identifications and locality info supplied with the fossils from the collection they're selling. No blame to the seller, as they don't normally seem to sell fossils. Still, definitely a good thing to ask here. Would help me too, in the way of getting a better sense on how other pieces from that collection have been labelled.

• Enjoyed 1

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

Thanks for the help. Yes, appearance doesn't match. Restoration on the bone is the brownish bit? If so, that is quite a lot. I thought that was coloration because of matrix or staining, but if that is restoration. It is a lot. Too much for me.

Thanks for the help

Edited by FF7_Yuffie

26 minutes ago, FF7_Yuffie said:

Restoration on the bone is the brownish bit?

Yes, I believe so.