Dinosaur, Reptile, and Amber Collection UPDATE: Shelf #3!

Mousehead

Things are getting pretty serious over in The Fossil Zone, so I cleared off a few books and replaced them with fossils.  Who needs to read, anyway?  Feel free to ask questions about particular pieces.

Whole collection:

COLLECTION_01.jpg

The turtle skull is real, but the surrounding matrix has been stained by the preparator for better visibility.  Some here might recognize the new claw that arrived broken in the mail :( There is a Vinctifer comptoni fish on the back right, along with a negative Grallator footprint, which I can't seem to find a good way to display.

COLLECTION_02.jpg

New additions here include a croc/turtle egg in-matrix, a Campo del Cielo meteorite, and a few various claws.  There's also a piece of the Roman Colosseum, whose origin story I should not divulge.

COLLECTION_03.jpg

A complete Psittacosaurus foot joins the family.  To its immediate left is a Triceratops frill spike. My best-prepared fossil here is the Ichthyosaur rib plate on the right – just incredible work.  The little Knightia in the front reminds me every day I need to get a really good fish fossil soon.

COLLECTION_04.jpg

Amber Time!  My favorite time.  Rarer inclusions are a mushroom, pill pug, a gigantic damselfly, triple crane flies, a large millipede, caterpillar, a bloated tick/mite, moth with perfect wings, and a small lizard claw.

COLLECTION_05.jpg

More amber!  S-shaped Centipede, multiple termites, a gecko tail, a big fuzzy bee (middle center), and my favorite...

COLLECTION_06.jpg

...the back half of a lizard stuck to a leaf on the bottom right.  Nice view of that killer centipede here as well!

COLLECTION_07.jpg

I'm gonna need a new shelf soon, but space is limited here in this tiny NYC studio apartment.  Thanks for looking, friends!

Edited by Mousehead
  • Enjoyed 5

Thanks!  There's Burmese, Dominican, Baltic, and Chiapas amber in there.  No copal, though.