Lucid_Bot

Hi, I found this beautiful little asterophyllites yesterday and noticed that there seems to be some rock covering part of the fossil. I'd like to be able to remove the rock and expose the fossil. It's very solid and too thin for any of my chisels. Would an air-abrasive pen or dental equipment work? Perhaps professional help would be appropriate. 

1154.jpeg

Edited by Lucid_Bot
  • Enjoyed 1

That one looks delicate! Low pressure abrasives would work well. If you need professional help, shoot me a PM, although shipping from Pluto to Texas might be cost prohibitive. :P

• Enjoyed 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:

That one looks delicate! Low pressure abrasives would work well. If you need professional help, shoot me a PM, although shipping from Pluto to Texas might be cost prohibitive. :P

Not much more than the USA to Morocco, I understand. 

• Enjoyed 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

9 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Not much more than the USA to Morocco, I understand. 

That’s due to the added tax to support the Tidgy worshippers anonymous foundation. I hear there’s a large membership.

• Enjoyed 3

On 6/1/2022 at 11:39 PM, Ptychodus04 said:

That’s due to the added tax to support the Tidgy worshippers anonymous foundation. I hear there’s a large membership.

I tried to join but I guess being from Alaska I'm too cold blooded and they sent back my $1 membership fee :default_faint:

• Enjoyed 2

6 minutes ago, Sjfriend said:

I tried to join but I guess being from Alaska I'm too cold blooded and they sent back my $1 membership fee :default_faint:

That’s good bc I think they overcharged you. :default_rofl:

• Enjoyed 2