Video of Bird Tracks with Rain Drops!

RJB

Unbelievable  preservation of the bird prints with rain drops!!!!!!!!! I know how rare rain drops are. I tried to buy a plate a few years back (as a reminder of my son, who is a meteorologist). But to have this combination, as I said already, incredible.

Mike

• Thank You 1

Very nice pieces. Unusual fossils and great combination of trackway and rain impacts

• Thank You 1

Nice stuff, Ron.  Just to be pedantic they are raindrop impressions not fossilized raindrops.  

• Thank You 1

Hi,

Very good ! I think @Auspex will like that !

Coco

• I Agree 1

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

23 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

But to have this combination, as I said already, incredible.

Thanks, I think so too.

15 hours ago, jpc said:

Just to be pedantic they are raindrop impressions not fossilized raindrops.

I didnt realize I said that.  I must have been thinking one think but said the other. 

Dancing in the rain! Cool stuff, my friend! Nice, clean impressions. That receding shoreline silt takes a good snapshot.

These avian ichnofossils have not been studied to the extent they deserve. From my own collection, using biometrics (toe length, presence/absence of hallux, presence/absence/extent of palmation marks...) I have discerned no fewer than 18 'ichnospecies' from the Green River Fm. alone! One includes 'nibble marks' made by a spatulate bill (vs. probe marks).

• I found this Informative 3

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Wow, those are some amazing specimens! Trackways and rain drops are awesome seperate from each other. But both being on the same specimen is just incredible!

Looking forward to seeing more videos,

-Micah

• Thank You 1

Very cool. I love trace fossils. Just the thought that you actually have a piece of land where a creature once stood--or, where a rainfall many, many, many years ago took place.

• Thank You 1

Those piece remind me of what I used to find in Winterwijk, in the Netherlands, as a kid, though those were of course Triassic tracks made by nothosaurians. But there were ripple marks and even plates with raindrops as well. Only have a few pieces of that left, I believe, but wouldn't quite know where... Very nice pieces showcased in the video, by the way :Smiling:

• Thank You 1

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

These are some amazing fossils! I am amazed by how clearly visible and clean the raindrop impressions are, some really fantastic finds!

• Thank You 1