Bromide Formation Brachiopod References

erose

Hey folks.  It hit 104 degrees here in Austin yesterday and I have decided to stay in and work on my recent finds in Oklahoma.  I have a bunch of Bromide Formation, Simpson Group, Blackriverian (Upper Ordovician) brachiopods that need sorting out.  I have Mark McKinzie's book and a few OKGS publications but was wondering if anyone can suggest a "good" reference for sorting them out?

In fact this could include references on other inverts from that formation and age.

Thanks in advance...

1 hour ago, erose said:

Hey folks.  It hit 104 degrees here in Austin yesterday and I have decided to stay in and work on my recent finds in Oklahoma.  I have a bunch of Bromide Formation, Simpson Group, Blackriverian (Upper Ordovician) brachiopods that need sorting out.  I have Mark McKinzie's book and a few OKGS publications but was wondering if anyone can suggest a "good" reference for sorting them out?

In fact this could include references on other inverts from that formation and age.

Thanks in advance...

As a starting point, I often use Geolex. Search for the rock unit name plus Geolex.

https://ngmdb.usgs.gov/Geolex/UnitRefs/BromideRefs_12433.html

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

This is the classic reference. For the best quality plates you can enlarge and capture the hi-res jpegs from the online reader.

Cooper, G.A. 1956. Chazyan and Related Brachiopods. Part I. Text. Smithsonian Miscellaneous Collections. 127(1):1-1024  PDF LINK

Cooper, G.A. 1956. Chazyan and Related Brachiopods. Part II. Plates. Smithsonian Miscellaneous Collections. 127(2):1025-1516  PDF LINK

• I found this Informative 1

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

3 hours ago, piranha said:

This is the classic reference. For the best quality plates you can enlarge and capture the hi-res jpegs from the online reader.

Cooper, G.A. 1956. Chazyan and Related Brachiopods. Part I. Text. Smithsonian Miscellaneous Collections. 127(1):1-1024  PDF LINK

Cooper, G.A. 1956. Chazyan and Related Brachiopods. Part II. Plates. Smithsonian Miscellaneous Collections. 127(2):1025-1516  PDF LINK

Excellent! Thank you, much appreciated.

4 hours ago, DPS Ammonite said:

As a starting point, I often use Geolex. Search for the rock unit name plus Geolex.

https://ngmdb.usgs.gov/Geolex/UnitRefs/BromideRefs_12433.html

Yep, familiar with and use often. Thanks.