Fossil or Rock

COOL FINDS

Good morning and thanks for the invite.

I am going blind and just want to see and learn all I can while I can. I have found a few things while walking about here and there in between working outdoors and fishing on the rivers and lakes here in Texas. One piece in particular I found while exploring the property adjacent to where I was living in Cool, Tx (with the permission of the land owner of course) that resembles at a glance or in fact is a fossil.

I suppose this could be verified through some sort of examination using equipment that could possibly x-ray or someone with a trained eye could say whether it is in fact a fossil or not. I sent pictures to one of the top universities in America and they said it was only a 'cool' rock It is about the size of your fist.

I will post pics when I figure out how to. The two pieces I am sure are artifacts are a small mortar and a piece that resembles an animal. I will also attempt to post those pictures later on. Other than that I have quite a few small fossils found mostly in Tarrant county along with a ton of chert, jasper, agates, feldspar, quartz and flint found in Palo Pinto county where I now reside.

20220611_093426.jpg

20220611_093432.jpg

20220611_093442.jpg

20220611_093457.jpg

20220611_093504.jpg

20220611_093510.jpg

20220611_093519.jpg

20220611_093527.jpg

20220611_093538.jpg

20220611_093908.jpg

The only fossils that I'm seeing here are in the last photo in the middle of which is a gastropod cast and to the left and right 2 echinoids. Everything else is cool rock.

• I Agree 3

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

The first rock may have tiny fossils in it, but it would probably take magnification to identify them.

• I Agree 2

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I agree with @JohnJ, there appears to be an echinoid spine in the first rock (as well as other small fossils). In focus close ups would be required to say more.

Edited by JBkansas