Granth

Hello again.

I have acquired some new specimens to expand my "collection" and I would like you to help me corroborate the identifications of these fossils.

1. I have no idea what species the trilobite corresponds to, I only know that it is from Morocco.
  2. According to the seller, the tooth was collected north of Florida, in a Pleistocene stratum and corresponds to a Tapirus veroensis.
  3. Likewise, the "crocodile" tooth was collected in the Bone Valley Area, Florida, within the Pliocene substratum.
  4. The shark tooth was identified as belonging to "megalodon".
  5. And finally, the piece of jaw with the tooth was collected in France and corresponds to a plagiolophus minor.

I would love to have your opinions regarding those identifications and if you could help me to better catalog the "crocodile" tooth (if and when possible). Thank you very much!

20220612_151347.thumb.jpg.97d694f2b04139241e8a61a7da15c1ea.jpg

20220612_151727.jpg

20220612_151802.jpg

20220612_152211.jpg

20220612_153052.jpg

20220612_152402.jpg

20220612_152557.jpg

20220612_152656.jpg

20220612_152805.jpg

20220612_153118.jpg

The trilobite looks like Flexicalymene ouzregui or it could be Colpocoryphe grandis depending on whether or not the pygidial flanks are smooth. Unfortunately the pygidium isn't very well preserved so I can't tell. Perhaps @Kane or @piranha could tell.

The tooth definitely looks like Otodus megalodon but it could be any of the other Otodus species depending on age.

That's all I can help with. Perhaps @Harry Pristis could identify the mammal tooth.

• I found this Informative 1
  • Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

2 hours ago, Top Trilo said:

The trilobite looks like Flexicalymene ouzregui or it could be Colpocoryphe grandis depending on whether or not the pygidial flanks are smooth. Unfortunately the pygidium isn't very well preserved so I can't tell. Perhaps @Kane or @piranha could tell.

The tooth definitely looks like Otodus megalodon but it could be any of the other Otodus species depending on age.

That's all I can help with. Perhaps @Harry Pristis could identify the mammal tooth.

Thank you very much for the answer friend!