Tooth identification…?

Ethan_Y23

I have found this tooth back around christmas of 2021 in the creeks of Fort Gibson, Oklahoma and i just cannot seem to find out what it is. i’ve tried reverse image search and google but nothing pops up. My grandpa, who knows everything about the wilderness has no idea what it is. we were looking for arrowheads but i found this instead. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It looks like it might be a deer hoof core, but need to see a picture of the wide end.

Not seeing a tooth, no enamel present.  Not sure its a fossil.  Better lit photos might change my mind.

• I Agree 1

I think it is a solitary rugose 'horn coral', squashed at the top. 

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

3 hours ago, Troodon said:

Not seeing a tooth, no enamel present.  Not sure its a fossil.  Better lit photos might change my mind.

i was just basing off of what it looked like. i live in FL so sharks teeth are things i find a lot and it just resembles a tooth to me. 

Clear, close, bright photos of the base and the sides will help. In the photos you sent me on instagram, there seemed to be white peeking out that was curious. The brighter and closer the photos, the more likely we'll be able to judge whether enamel is present underneath (or if it's just the core of something). A "from the bottom view" like the third picture you sent me could help others too.

Edited by Jared C

“Not only is the universe stranger than we think, it is stranger than we can think” -Werner Heisenberg 

On 6/14/2022 at 4:22 PM, Jared C said:

Clear, close, bright photos of the base and the sides will help. In the photos you sent me on instagram, there seemed to be white peeking out that was curious. The brighter and closer the photos, the more likely we'll be able to judge whether enamel is present underneath (or if it's just the core of something). A "from the bottom view" like the third picture you sent me could help others too.

i’m trying my best with the pictures, i hope these turn out better! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ok, on closer inspection the surface is too irregular to belong to a tooth, so I would have to agree with claw core or some rudist. Cool mystery find

“Not only is the universe stranger than we think, it is stranger than we can think” -Werner Heisenberg