Megalodon tooth - is it real?

Hiya! I am looking to purchase my first meg tooth. I found one listed at 4.32” and was wondering if it looks good. I don’t want to get burned on it because I know they’re faked often and the price seems really low. Supposedly found off the coast of North Carolina.

E9EE1DC6-6A78-4AA9-A341-22756CCAA3EA.jpeg

FDD3A609-0432-4C08-8392-3EA25E832D73.jpeg

I say it's real, based on the pictures.  Sometimes the price will be low, if the tooth isn't a beautiful piece of eye candy.  Size and condition, both affect price.  I look for deals myself.  I am not willing to pay a premium, for perfection.

Edited by Rock Hound

@AnnaCrowl, please remove the price from your post. We are not discussing prices here, only authenticity and quality :dinothumb:.
Thank you very much :)!

Edit: Price removed!
Franz Bernhard

Edited by FranzBernhard
  • Thank You 1
  • I Agree 2

It's an all natural NC Ledge tooth, priced cheap because low quality. If I was you, I'd save more money and get a better quality 5" SC or Georgia tooth... There are tons of meg teeth out there! USA megs are not faked often, but you get what you pay for in terms of size and quality.

Agree with the others. This looks like one of the NC Meg Ledge teeth with a little bit of enamel stripping (common on those teeth). Meg teeth (in the right areas) are actually not too uncommon. Very large and pristine teeth can command a commensurate price but the smaller ones with a few flaws and dings should be relatively affordable. If you are planning to acquire this tooth I'd say you can be guaranteed of getting an authentic meg. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

Real Meg tooth! 

Not bad, not the best I have seen .

You can also look for Indonesian tooth, they are often not that expencive, but have realy knife sharp serrations and beautiful coloring .

good luck ! :dinothumb: