Kem Kem herbivorous caudal vert

Le Ouistiti

Hello everyone, 

i saw this mid caudal vert from the Kem Kem on a seller website and i directly understand that it can’t pertain to  spinosaurus ; so i compared it with caudals from Ouranosaurus and titanosaurs and i see similarities but i need other opinions to be able to decide  for the identification.

The first image is the vert from the Kem Kem, the secound is caudals of Tambatitanis (a titanosaur) and the third is a caudal from the Venice Ouranosaurus specimen.

FBEC19E7-948E-4C30-8FE3-C80902CF1A82.jpeg

6515568B-2616-4090-B35D-C372B044CA24.jpeg

B3A262BD-6EE8-406B-8548-F32BF9441967.png

There are only two herbivores described from the KK Group Rebbachisaurus and an indeterminate Titanosaurid that could possibly fit that vertebra.  No Hadrosauriformes have yet to be identified.   We  have very limited material to compare against on both. 

The only caudal known on the Titanosaurid is this one and its more of a distal one. ( Ibrahim et al. 2016 )

FSAC-KK-7000-an-isolated-middle-caudal-vertebra-of-a-titanosaurian-sauropod-dinosaur.thumb.png.c8dbb91d71fa099bbec53d39e30ec662.png

Caudals are not known from KK's Rebbachisaurus but if you compare it to its South American cousin it does not look like a good match.(Calvo et al. 1995)

Screenshot_20220618-032806_Drive.jpg.1d29ce0569217f5bbd2d79026f0b50fe.jpg

Your vertebra does seem to have affinities to those shown in the Titanosaurid Tambatitanis so it might be an indeterminate Titanosaurid.

images from:

The Venice specimen of Ouranosaurus nigeriensis (Dinosauria, Ornithopoda)
Filippo Bertozzo, Fabio Marco Dalla Vecchia, and Matteo Fabbri

Edited by doushantuo

fig 10 in troodon's post from:

rebbachisaurus.pdf

GAlA N° 11, REBBACHISAURUS TESSONEI SP. NOV. A NEW
SAUROPODA FROM THE ALBIAN-CENOMANIAN OF ARGENTINA; NEW EVIDENCE ON THE ORIGIN OF THE DIPLODOCIDAE
Jorge O. CALVO

Leonardo SALGADO

Edited by doushantuo

• 2 weeks later...