Carol McLaughlin

I bought this from a woman whose husband collected. She had no nformation on it other than it was collected in the Mississippi region. It looks similar to some of the online photographs I have seen of dinosaur eggs.  The outermost layer has a thin portion missing, like an egg shell.  What do you think?

IMG_6953.jpeg

IMG_6952.jpeg

I believe only one dinosaur egg has been found in Mississippi so quite rare in that area.  A non expert opinion I think it's a concretion, looks a little too round and perfect for egg and though pictures are a little blurry the texture doesn't look right.

• I Agree 1

I agree that it looks like an ironstone concretion.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

Okay.... thanks so much .... and I was corrected..... my husband said she didn't know where they were collected.........and he has long since been passed so no asking.  iI still looks cool on the shelf...came in a box with a bunch of artifacts.... nothing special, some grinding type stones, some pointy....  The most interesting was a Monolithic Axe..... too perfect... so a reproduction for sure but still a fun conversation piece.  Sorry about picture quality.... I haven't figured out how to post things with high resolutio

IMG_6948.jpg

IMG_6956.jpeg

IMG_6950.jpg

• Enjoyed 2