Max fragmento

Hello

I found this in the White River Formation in Wyoming.   Is this a Hyaenodon ?   The block of rock seemed much harder than usual and had no cracks in it.   It was more difficult  to prep out than other similar fossils (oredonts, archeotherim, Probotherium)  that I have found in the same area.  I think maybe the harder un-cracked matrix contributed to the nicer quality of the fossil.   Lots of amateur prepping mistakes but the matrix was soooo resistant to removal.   Just wouldnt pop off nice like it does sometimes and I dont own a respectable sand blaster machine. 

IMG_5230.jpeg

IMG_5423.jpg

• Enjoyed 8

So fun to prep out.   Its like the coolest Christmas present ever that takes you 30 hours to unwrap.

• Enjoyed 1

2 hours ago, Max fragmento said:

So fun to prep out.   Its like the coolest Christmas present ever that takes you 30 hours to unwrap.

Worthy of consideration for "Fossil of the Month" methinks.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

Nice find.  and yes the stuff you find in nodules in the White River of eastern Wyoming  tends to be very well preserved, like this guy.  

Oh my.   Consideration for fossil of the month would be a real honor.  Too much to hope for.