Collecting in Minnesota

kehaz

Hey everyone!

I'm traveling through Minnesota to visit family members, and after a successful shark tooth hunt in Virginia and a little trilobite cast in West Virginia, I'm looking to find some more sites to get my fossil on. I've seen that there are exposures near Quarry Hill Park and Spring Valley, but I am having trouble locating much information about whether these sites are actual quarries, or road cuts, or rock and gravel dumped in a convenient pit from a nearby landowner.

Does anyone have any pointers or advice on where some decent spots may be located? I'm traveling northwest through Chicago towards Alexandria but am willing to make some detours.

Thanks!

P.S. I will definitely post up my shark teeth and little trilobite soon!

When would you be traversing the state of Minnesota? Are you planning on staying on I-90 or are you taking the I-94 exit to Montana? 

Mike

Edited by minnbuckeye

1 hour ago, minnbuckeye said:

When would you be traversing the state of Minnesota? Are you planning on staying on I-90 or are you taking the I-94 exit to Montana? 

Mike

I should hit Minnesota tomorrow, but I will be spending a few days there before I head to Montana. As far as my route, I will absolutely adjust if I have any promising spots to check out.