CosmicWolf6351

I have this dinosaur egg and it has these cool textures and in the picture it tells you it size and it’s weight, and it has no embryo inside, so can someone tell me how much this monster is worth

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by CosmicWolf6351
I thought this was the description, I hadn’t realized that this was an actual post.

Hi there - unfortunately members can't give appraisals.

It looks like you've got a septarian concretion here which is a neat looking rock versus a fossil.

Edited by Bguild
  • Thank You 1
  • I Agree 5

Septarian concretion, not an egg.

As per forum rules all members agree to, we do not provide valuations.

• I found this Informative 1
  • Thank You 1
  • I Agree 2

Septarian concretion/nodule

• I Agree 3

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Definitely not a dinosaur egg. No egg shell texture, and no morphology of an egg.

This is a septarian nodule/concretion, as others have stated.

Look on auction sites for similar items going prices, because as previously mentioned, we do not provide  monetary valuations or appraisals here on the Forum, as fossils need to be seen in hand to make determinations about quality and completeness. This is more than can be done by examining photos on the internet.

• I Agree 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Just to add: we take great pains to help our new members in how this forum operates, and we have prepared an information-dense welcome message that also points to our community standards. This is designed to help our new members understand that we are primarily a science-based forum.

As you continue to explore all this forum has to offer, I would recommend you read one of our pinned topics in Fossil ID on egg fossils, created by one of our highly esteemed egg-sperts. That should help direct your collecting activities. :) 

Before you let disappointment set in, know that septarian concretions are pretty cool, and are a fascinating geologic legacy on their own. That far outstrips any monetary value, in my opinion. 

• Enjoyed 4

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

• Fossildude19 changed the title to How Much Is It Worth?

Such confidence...... but misplaced. 
That's not an egg. It is however a very uniquely eroded rock! 

Screenshot_20220714-164411~4.png

• I found this Informative 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

That’s sad, I would’ve given more info about it but it was my moms, and she got it from her dad, so I literally have zero info about it. Thank you everybody, and while this is disappointing, it’s good to know that I can still use it in my basement as decor.

Still a very cool rock. Septarian nodules are interesting in their own right.  ;)

• I Agree 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me