Hell Creek Theropod teeth id help Raptor? Troodontid? Nanotyrannus?

jikohr

Hi everyone!

I recently acquired some really interesting little Theropod teeth from the Hell Creek Formation of Carter County Montana. I have my suspicions on IDs, but I would really like a second opinion.

Tooth 1: My first thought with this little guy was Troodontid, but I have no experience with Troodontid teeth. It might also be a really tiny Dromaeosaur. No serrations or even a trace of serrations on the mesial side is kind of a unique feature. It doesn't look like they were there and wore off either, it looks like there were never serrations on that side.1778919922_minitooth1.thumb.jpg.26f5f8de742fa076a73c0b9f2be7f82f.jpg

Tooth 2: I posted a similar tooth before awhile ago. It was also kind of a mystery. This one's a fair bit bigger though. I've heard rumblings of a "third Hell Creek Dromaeosaur" similar to this. Of course it could also be a Nanotyrannus.

308639974_minitooth2.thumb.jpg.b49f651d4130f074bf32cb11634a6f77.jpg

Tooth 3 and 4: These are really interesting. I initially thought they were Nanotyrannus, but much like the first tooth there is no trace of serrations on the mesial carina and it seems there also never was. Tooth 4 has some wear on some parts of the carina but other places are without wear and have no traces of serrations. Meanwhile tooth 3 has a great carinae and no traces of serrations. Another member showed me pics recently of Dromaeosaur teeth similar to this and I'm wondering if these are Dromaeosaur anteriors or I'm just imagining things and their little Nanotyrannuses.

175045181_minitooth3.thumb.jpg.688bd11660ea34342ff05170e5180d2c.jpg1512692118_minitooth4.thumb.jpg.edb4b22456a208525b5f6b6450019f4b.jpg

Any insight is greatly appreciated as always!

First one is definitely not a Troodontid most likely a indet. Dromaeosaurid

Second one is Nanotyrannus

The last two could be Dromaeosaurid  considering the mesial edge is void of serrations.  Hard to say what they belong to since we do not know what anterior dentary teeth look like on the two described species and a possible third one.

• Thank You 1

38 minutes ago, Troodon said:

First one is definitely not a Troodontid most likely a indet. Dromaeosaurid

Second one is Nanotyrannus

The last two could be Dromaeosaurid  considering the mesial edge is void of serrations.  Hard to say what they belong to since we do not know what anterior dentary teeth look like on the two described species and a possible third one.

Huh, neat.

Thanks man!