CM 2022

Found this tooth 7/19 on beach in water, Cape May, New Jersey. Sunset Beach on Delaware Bay/ Atlantic Ocean. Need help with ID and authenticity. 
Thank You. 

82D3FF7E-BD1C-499A-B147-2504FB01C1BE.jpeg

1826FEEE-37C8-4DAE-BA39-8BA324E6C97E.jpeg

E608EFFB-EC1C-4376-8249-C7F897AB9923.jpeg

It does not look like typical eastern U.S. preservation (dark green/brown to black). My guess is that its a Moroccan Otodus obliquus that someone left on the beach. I've never been to New Jersey but I know some other coastal tourist areas have many shops that sell these Moroccan teeth.

• I Agree 4

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)