Possible tiny dinosaur egg embryo?

jg1stir

I see a vertical pupil raptor eye and embryo in the egg shaped, smooth rock.
I was looking for geodes, I found this tiny geode, broke it open at home, and the other half broke into pieces - 3 or 4 crumbly. I did this 17 years ago. Now, I have joined a lapidary group, ALMS  Alabama, and been to a meeting, and I have had this on my shelf for 17 years. I was thinking it is an ugly geode nodule? But then, yesterday I thought, it looks like an egg, it's insides are multicolored like a fossilized egg?

I then go my magnifying glass and I can see an eye, and 3 part skull with divisions lines, and the raptor evil eye.
I can see a jawbone and mandible  seperation, skull sutures seperation, eye, and back bone has these protrusions, humps that have 3 dots on them, like a stegasaurus?

But very small, see image. Dime coin is in image.

It has a dimple perfect on the outside end of the egg and smooth uniform surface.

Also, appears to be a snout and mouth and body, tail, and possibly wing bones, similar to a velociraptor?

Can you tell me if it is a dinosaur embryo, fossilized? My book does not show, and these are very rare, China holds the record for smallest embryo. Some dinosaur eggs fossils are as small as 0.7 inches. Tis is bigger than that. Thanks. I have more images. Stop the GIF by tapping on it?

It also has the ear hole of hole behind the jawbone mandible.

20220720_091416.gif

No, it is not an embryo. Also, soft tissue like eyes do not generally preserve. You are seeing a pattern, which is more akin to pareidolia, but I see no evidence of dinosaur, let alone embryo, in this piece.

You may wish to not write in all caps, as that is generally considered "shouting" on the internet. 

In terms of dinosaur eggs, you may find one of our pinned resources helpful: 

• I Agree 4

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I could have possibly put the dimple on it myself 17 years ago, I don't remember; I thought it was a worthless not very good geode. 

But I usually do not drill into my rocks without a reason.

PSX_20220720_091058 - Copy (2).jpg

I agree, this looks like mineral staining in a suggestive pattern.

• I Agree 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

4 minutes ago, jg1stir said:

more imgs.

More images won't convince us.... 

You have a vivid imagination but none of what you see is evidence of any embryo, raptor, wing bones, eye etc.

You have a plain ol' rock :)

• I Agree 1

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Possible tiny dinosaur egg embryo?

Agree with all that is said above. We get a steady stream of "dinosaur eggs" here on the forum--some less convincing, some more interestingly patterned. Your rock, like 100% of the others, is not a dinosaur egg but the result of the fascinating phenomenon of pareidolia. It is the result of our advanced brains allowing us to recognize familiar shapes within random visual information. It's what allows us to see fanciful shapes in clouds or profiles in rock formations. Though the patterns can seem convincing you must understand that this common phenomenon combined with some imagination are responsible for what you believe you are seeing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

https://www.google.com/search?q=pareidolia&tbm=isch

Cheers.

-Ken

• Enjoyed 1