nanotyrannus tooth?

Simonsaz

hello, a quick question. the dinosaur tooth has a length of 1.9 inch. the tooth was found in the hell creek formation. I don't know the exact location. I would say it is a nanotyrannus tooth. what do you think? and if so, what do you think, whether above or below the jaw? I think that's a little thing for you ;) best regards and thank you very much in advance for your help

20220724_163049.jpg

20220724_163116.jpg

20220724_163143.jpg

20220724_163218.jpg

20220724_163237.jpg

20220724_163248.jpg

20220724_163249.jpg

Where was it found? If it's really from the rex/nano locations, I think it has to be rex over nano with the base length and width being so close to one another.

Thank you for the feedback. the seller originally sold me the tooth as a tyrannosaurus tooth. but if so I suspect gorgosaurus etc.??? Unfortunately, I have no further information about the location. I've had this tooth in my collection for a number of years

I checked the description of the purchase again and initially overlooked it, the location is: powder river county montana. Does that help? Best wishes

Rex is my less-experienced bet. It can only be rex or nano from that location—no gorgosaurus. I don’t know much about lower jaw teeth, but it does seem like it could be an upper jaw, side tooth. Definitely not a front tooth, yours is more of a fang :-)

Great, thank you. Its a Nanotyrannus tooth.   The morphology of these teeth are similar irrespective of jaw position so its impossible to determine where it fit.  Other Tyrannosaurids in North America have a heterodont dentition so easier to identify jaw position.  One feature that differentiates Nanotyrannus from other Tyrannosaurids

• Enjoyed 1