Kem Kem dinosaur bone

BirdsAreDinosaurs

Hi all. This specimen is advertised online as a dinosaur metacarpal from Taouz. I don't know much about Maroccan dinosaur bones, but I wouldn't be surprised if this bone a complete fake, composited or heavily restored (some areas appear very smooth) item. Pictures are pretty bad, but it is all I have got. What do you think? If it is real, would it be possible to id it to some level? Thanks!

Screenshot_20220730-124148_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220730-124134_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220730-124056_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220730-124154_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220730-124201_Gallery.jpg

The photos are indeed pretty bad. No carpal or metacarpal should have two ends that look identical.  Like to see lateral views of both sides.  Hard to tell what you've got.

What these spinosaurid carpal bones should look like.

Digit.jpg.c26c46185201490698276ca21ab74895.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Looks like a sculpture made from sanded down random pieces of bone.

Garbage. Avoid.

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

many good and many bad bones on the market from morocco... On the fairs it sometimes depends on the price, because the dealers know the quality and good ones are always more expensive. Yours, I think, is a "mixed" one, left side seems to be original (cannot identify clearly how many %, but I think most), right side seems to be glued and engraved. So, when you like it and it´s cheap, my opinion is that you get a fossil that´s more bone than fake. If you are looking for a 100% original one, there are some dealers on the market who sell and you can trust. But, price is high, it´s Dino :rolleyes:

• Thank You 1

Thank you all for your insights. I think I will keep my money to buy some nice real dino teeth instead :)

• I Agree 2