Alot Of Happy Dances Today. Vulgaris Crabs Whoohoo!

micropterus101

Headed south again today and hit two crab spots in the woods. First spot Is on Ansons locality Map I have known the spot for awhile but its hard pickins. Picked out five concretions there, only one had a crab after picking around 500 pounds of siltstone. Second spot my super secret Lincoln Creek formation vulgaris legal with permision locality was good pickings today I went away with six concretions with nice crabs in them. Every concretion here has a crab in it but its not ussually this productive I got lucky today and hit a good seam. Here are pics of three crabs and a small herd of elk I saw today. Besides the crabs ended up with nummerous gastropods. These are totally unpreppared this is how they broke.

KOF, Jason

crab3.jpg

I believe there are actually two in this rock below facing each other. Tough to spot in pic but it appears to be a pincer above the left side of the Carapace of visable crab. Could I be so lucky! Hope so.

crab2.jpg

crab1.jpg

elk.jpg

Awesome! im sure it was exciting to pop' open the concretion and see that! and those three are beautiful, i really like the one with the claw....are you gonna prep em?

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Man, I'd be torn between taking home the concretions and using them to drop one of those elk!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Being a crab guy, all I can say is that you live in one heck of a good area!!! Nice going dude!!! Im wondering what your address is? Maybe I can drop by and do a midnight crab hunt at your house with a flashlight? I will be very conciderate and not wake you? HA!!!

RB

• 3 weeks later...