Partial Sauropod tooth with root

Hi,

This is a Sauropod tooth with the root still attached. The tooth crown is damaged missing some preservation but it is the root that I want to ask about. Does the root seem natural or are there red flags that I should be aware of? the tooth comes from the Tiouraren Formation in Niger and is just under 5cm. Thanks.

Top Rare -Jobaria tiguidensis - Sauropod Dinosaur Rooted Tooth Jurassic - Tiouraren Fm - NigerTop Rare -Jobaria tiguidensis - Sauropod Dinosaur Rooted Tooth Jurassic - Tiouraren Fm - Niger

Top Rare -Jobaria tiguidensis - Sauropod Dinosaur Rooted Tooth Jurassic - Tiouraren Fm - Niger

Top Rare -Jobaria tiguidensis - Sauropod Dinosaur Rooted Tooth Jurassic - Tiouraren Fm - Niger

The matrix beneath the crown looks consistent and real.  However it's very difficult to tell how much of the root is present off these photos. 

I've seen many better sauropod teeth from that locality that isn't encased in matrix 

Like to get Matt's opinion.

@Haravex

• I found this Informative 2

This tooth might have been repaired however this is uncommon for Niger, if you are able to prep then encased in matrix is the best bet believe it or not, as the constant blasting from the sand and wind damages teeth in just a few days once they are exposed. This all being said its normally best when the crown is covered in matrix as this is where the most detail is and as Troodon said there are better examples on the market.

• I found this Informative 2