Found in Ohio

Crstaylor

I found this rock years can’t remember exactly where in Ohio but I know it was in Ohio. I was wondering if anyone help  me with what is in the rock I believe the rock is sandstone but there are several spots that have a bone or tooth like look to them. Any help would be appreciated hopefully these pictures are clear enough 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ohio is a big state but the area around cincinatti is known for ordivian fossils.  I say that because I dont see bone in your rock, but I do see horn coral ( particularly in 3, 4 and 5 th photos) which would be typical in  that part of Ohio ( and is way too early for bone).

• I Agree 2

25 minutes ago, val horn said:

Ohio is a big state but the area around cincinatti is known for ordivian fossils.  I say that because I dont see bone in your rock, but I do see horn coral ( particularly in 3, 4 and 5 th photos) which would be typical in  that part of Ohio ( and is way too early for bone).

Thanks For your help 

I live in northern ohio never have been to Cincinnati area or even south of Columbus which is the middle of state case wondering. Are ordivian fossils found in northern ohio too

8 hours ago, Crstaylor said:

I live in northern ohio never have been to Cincinnati area or even south of Columbus which is the middle of state case wondering. Are ordivian fossils found in northern ohio too

Check out this map.

• I found this Informative 2

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/