Second Attempt at Keichousaurus Hui

Muffinsaurus

I really wanted to try my hand at a keichousaurus hui again. I took a lot of inspiration from marine iguanas. I work in digital. I took the feedback that I got on my last one and really tried to apply it all here. I also had the opportunity after I posted that last one to go and examine 2 actual specimens in person. I even got a rather spotty replica on that trip (Not that there wasn’t an abundance of references to find online). 

As before any input is welcome. I’m still very new to adding meat to bones and I want to get better.

31869B92-4947-4F29-8DB6-68638767C238.png

• Enjoyed 8

Great improvement from a good start!

One can imagine it darting through the water after a stroke of its limbs.

Not sure though if Ammonites are supposed to swim that way up, But I really do not know if the reconstructions I know are up to date.

I really love the foreground!

Best Regards

J

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something

Thomas Henry Huxley

Definitely improved.

I would say that it is a bit too dark, however.

Looks good, though!   :) :Smiling:

• Thank You 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

14 hours ago, Mahnmut said:

Great improvement from a good start!

One can imagine it darting through the water after a stroke of its limbs.

Not sure though if Ammonites are supposed to swim that way up, But I really do not know if the reconstructions I know are up to date.

I really love the foreground!

Best Regards

J

Thank you very much! 
I think you are correct that I flipped the ammonites the wrong way. I'll have to go back in and edit them to the correct orientation. The foreground is my favorite part also, I love how the shrimp turned out.

Edited by Muffinsaurus

2 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

Definitely improved.

I would say that it is a bit too dark, however.

Looks good, though!   :) :Smiling:

Thank you very much! 
Oddly enough I hear that a lot about my art. I think I might need to go to an eye doctor. I'll defiantly lighten it up when I fix the ammonites.

Nice!

Before questioning your eyesight you may consider looking at your screen settings. At my screen at work your pictures are very dark (with clearly visible background fish) while at home they are lighter, and the fish very subtle.

Cheers,

J

• Thank You 1

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something

Thomas Henry Huxley

Nice work. In case you haven't done that yet, it might help to get a monitor that displays close to 100% (or even more) of the sRGB colour space and then calibrate that monitor using something like a Spyder X pro. At least then you know the monitor is not the problem. It does not solve the fact that other people will see your art on crappy or badly calibrated monitors, though.

• Thank You 1

On 8/22/2022 at 10:29 AM, Mahnmut said:

Nice!

Before questioning your eyesight you may consider looking at your screen settings. At my screen at work your pictures are very dark (with clearly visible background fish) while at home they are lighter, and the fish very subtle.

Cheers,

J

On 8/22/2022 at 2:20 PM, BirdsAreDinosaurs said:

Nice work. In case you haven't done that yet, it might help to get a monitor that displays close to 100% (or even more) of the sRGB colour space and then calibrate that monitor using something like a Spyder X pro. At least then you know the monitor is not the problem. It does not solve the fact that other people will see your art on crappy or badly calibrated monitors, though.

Thank you both! Also I'll see what I can do about settings on my tablet.