Is it a Blastoid with arms?

val horn

I went to the Shenandoah valley Va to look for blastoids  in the devonian road cuts.  Found horn coral, standard brachiopods  mostly on the sandier  insides of the concretions, and what I hope are blastoids with arms on the hard rock edges of a couple of concretions  I am very interested in what others think that I have found.  The concretions chunks are from 3 to 10 inches, the fine "arm "segments are in the mm range.  the first photo is I believe horn coral body and impression.  the second shows 3 concretion chunks fitting together with "arms" and the balance of the photos show other surfaces of these chunks showing more "arms" and the ?"internal" surface of the theca.  This was not what I expected when I went hunting, and I am very unsure of what I found  Confirmation, or correction will be appreciated.

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

I dont have the knowledge to judge.   I love your little crinoid, ?where did you find it?.   There were very few crinoid stems to be found at this site and I would have expected more crinoid stems than calyxes  but i dont feel confident one way or the other.  The only other crinoid arms that I have definitively found looked more feather-like to me.  From Deer Lake Pa also devonian

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 1

• 2 weeks later...

Took my fossil to paleontologists at the university and after discussion  the decision  is crinoid because  crinoid arms are longer and  will branch which these do and blastoid arms should not.  

• I found this Informative 2