New Mosasaur from Oulad Abdoun Basin, Morocco

Troodon

In case anyone's aware, the phylogenetic analysis of Thalassotitan agrees with previous cladistic analyses in recovering Prognathodon as paraphyletic, and it finds Prognathodon giganteusP. overtoni, P. currii, and P. saturator to be more closely related to Thalassotitan than to the Prognathodon type species, P. solvayi. Because of these cladistic results, the authors of the paper describing Thalassotitan recommend that the genus Brachysaurana Strand, 1926 be resurrected for P. overtoni. The paper also agrees with the cladistic analysis by Street (2016) in placing Prognathodon waiparensis in a disparate phylogenetic position from Prognathodontini while recovering the specimens NZGS CD 535 and CM Zfr-161 as a mosasaurine taxon and finding Mosasaurus conodon to fall outside Mosasaurus (the thesis by Street 2016 coins new genera for conodon and waiparensis and erects a new genus and species name for NZGS CD 535 and CM Zfr-161, but until the thesis is published, I won't mention those names or risk stealing my thunder), and it also finds the taxon "Ancylocentrum" hungerfordi to be a member of Globidensini (the name Ancylocentrum is a junior objective synonym of Brachysaurana)  

Street, H.P, 2016. A re-assessment of the genus Mosasaurus (Squamata: Mosasauridae) Unpublished PhD disseration, University of Alberta. (https://era.library.ualberta.ca/items/53bb82a0-7a66-4afb-a26d-b611b5f86136/view/f59a5ee9-9c57-4409-9988-5c8958216f80/Street_Hallie_P_201604_PhD.pdf)

• I found this Informative 1