Help me Identify!

gfjr

I ran across this in my yard and didnt think much of it at first , however i have exhausted myself wondering and looking to see what this is. a print , a broken piece of rock that looks like one. i just dont know . any help would be great. found in Bexar County texas 

20220831_145002.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the well-lit and focused image (with scale). You are well ahead of most first time visitors with a rock to ID. :)

So far I'm only seeing some really odd shapes possibly purely geologic in origin. Texas rocks are not in my bailiwick so I'll leave it to those with more local knowledge to weigh in on this one. @JohnJ

Cheers.

-Ken

It's not a foot or hand, but it does appear to possibly be a fossil. I don't recognize what it may be, however. Perhaps someone from your "neck of the woods" will chime in and lend us a hand in ID.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

On 8/31/2022 at 2:36 PM, JohnJ said:

It isn't a hand, foot or track.  @Uncle Siphuncle may recognize the rock type.

I'm wondering if this is from one of the Eocene formations south of town.  A little context would be helpful.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Sometimes a little light can help , and more pics. this is southeast bexar county where i picked it up all clay Hilltop i never even noticed the odd 2nd design over and or undr the obvious that was in question but the light helped.

20220902_081352.jpg

20220902_081630.jpg

20220902_081500.jpg

20220902_081553.jpg