Real or fake oviraptor egg?

quam_fossilium

I need some input to help determine if this oviraptor egg is real or fake.  Supposedly there is some fossilized bone visible suggesting an embryo.  I fully recognize how incredibly rare this is and I’m very much leaning toward fake, but I’d love to get a more experienced opinion.  

0D4F3363-0E21-4457-B482-2A79D9A12ECA.png

93CB272D-3A11-42D3-87A2-657D1DD93D33.png

9AA9A6F3-2E2A-45BB-901C-F5C858E0C2BD.png

83099AB3-945A-4D62-9753-5B4E1CF3768A.png

Not seeing any evidence embryonic bones, would need to be prepped a bit more.  The egg may be an Elongatoolithus type egg but would need a provenance and size.

Example

Screenshot_20220904_064007.thumb.jpg.b6befca1594e4165d12844b8762a9e06.jpg

I assume all fossil eggs are fake until I have evidence otherwise, so your on the right start!  First, we need more pictures.  It looks like you show a "top" and "bottom" view, but we need to see more.  the ends, the sides, the remaining shell, the cracks in it, the thickness of the shell.  Also, it looks like it heavily glued which is troubling because it obscure necessary details.

Just from first glance, the shape is right and color look good.  If its a fake, its certainly not the worst fake I've ever seen.

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin

Unfortunately these are the only images I have to work from.  I believe the egg is likely a composite made from other shells.  The “bone” is the small white pieces in the center and they do in fact look like bits of fossilized bone.