DSR trip tomorrow 9/10

Stingray

Hello everyone,

Planning a trip to DSR this Saturday 9/10. Weather is looking great for travel and collecting. Happy hunting wherever you go hope to see some of you there Chris.

PM me if you want a ride I get on the NYS Thruway at exit 18 New Paltz . I plan on leaving around 8 AM

Good luck, Chris.

Wish I could go, but too much to do around the house/yard.

Take care, and be safe.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Tim 

I have the same issue but sometimes I just say the heck with it. I’m gonna go have some fun, wife gets mad but I get the chores done as I can. Thanks for the response I’ll post my finds ( crossing fingers) soon.

• Enjoyed 1

I'll be there....

in spirit!

Good luck!  Hopefully you'll find the big Dipleura  :trilowalk: that was hiding from me last month.

Don

• Enjoyed 1

Ok went to cole hill rd and DSR today found some rollers and a few other items will post soon long day. However I would like to point out I found tools at both sites. At DSR someone is using a wood chisel to chip and break rock. Please do not use a wood chisel for rock hounding, you need to get a stone chisel. Or something like this VAUGHAN-Bear-Claw-10-in-Steel-Digging-Bar. Wood chisels will fragment and could cause serious injury. I know most of you know this but hopefully it will reach the people who don’t thanks Chris.

Edited by Stingray
  • I found this Informative 2

On 9/10/2022 at 6:28 PM, Stingray said:

Ok went to cole hill rd and DSR today found some rollers and a few other items will post soon long day. However I would like to point out I found tools at both sites. At DSR someone is using a wood chisel to chip and break rock. Please do not use a wood chisel for rock hounding, you need to get a stone chisel. Or something like this VAUGHAN-Bear-Claw-10-in-Steel-Digging-Bar. Wood chisels will fragment and could cause serious injury. I know most of you know this but hopefully it will reach the people who don’t thanks Chris.

Got a pic of the wood chisel?

3 hours ago, Scylla said:

Nice finds. I will take inspiration from you and head upstate after work today to go fossil hunting!

Nice I’m heading out tomorrow for some Dipluran hunting near Wurstboro NY. Good luck today. @Scylla

Edited by Stingray

Nice finds. This fall weather today is blowing gently in my ear, telling me to get out there and collect. Unfortunately, with nothing to stop it, that little breeze just blows right out the other ear and I'm still here. That eight-hour round trip drive was once possible but, alas, no more.

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

24 minutes ago, Pagurus said:

Nice finds. This fall weather today is blowing gently in my ear, telling me to get out there and collect. Unfortunately, with nothing to stop it, that little breeze just blows right out the other ear and I'm still here. That eight-hour round trip drive was once possible but, alas, no more.

Yeah that’s more an overnight trip. You just end up rushing and focused on time instead of enjoying yourself. @Pagurus

Edited by Stingray