Some info about shark tooth? if it’s a shark tooth. Is it real and what shark it came from and possibly how old

Ray906

First of all I would say where it came from but idk I’ve had it for about 8 yrs now and just came across it going threw old boxes. I inherited it from my grandpa I know he was in the us navy for 40 years and I’d like to think thats how he acquired it being he was all over the place but idk and no one left in fam to ask when and where he got it. Any help identifying it would be greatly appreciated. Where it from how old it is and if it’s even real thanks a bunch image.thumb.jpg.f80524342c3fd830a6da8323cf19afe8.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's a Megalodon tooth that's been worn down a lot and thus is missing it's enamel! Happens time to time, but no mistaking that shape!

Definitely real, by the way. As for age... depends on where, but Megs were around from the Early Miocene to Pliocene, so anywhere from 23-3.5 million years old!

Edited by Meganeura
  • Thank You 1
  • I Agree 2

Fossils? I dig it. :meg:

Nice keepsake and real.

Its a Megalodon Sharktooth.   Can be anywhere between 4 to 20ish million years old depending on where it was found.  Common on the east cost of the States but can be found in many other localities worldwide

• Enjoyed 1
  • I Agree 1