Any red flag on this Megalodon tooth ?

Hello , any red flag on this megalodon tooth ? Info : from indonesia , seller claim to have only one repair in the right side of the root . ( highlighted in Red)  

Note : black mark to hide seller name 

Thanks in advance

FB_IMG_1663052222919.thumb.jpg.3099b6b083144c61f1ed4623ffcca0a8.jpgreceived_625128309128177.thumb.jpeg.548274128899d9a487a2034cd5938393.jpegFB_IMG_1663053978831.thumb.jpg.4cbc3f1f610808e029f36739f7101097.jpgreceived_810189797088411.thumb.jpeg.4c7fbbccb1476ed72a400b38b43e757e.jpeg

ask the seller about the serration (the full...), normally they do not have such a perfect serration when the root is in medium quality and partly eroded

• Thank You 1

This is a very nice Megalodon tooth from Indonesia, gorgeous colors. The right side seems indeed broken off and glued back on, this a very fragile point of the teeth , allot of them have cracks at that area, but its nicely done the serrations and the blade seem in very good condition.

The root maybe altered, very common for Indonesian ones,  I doubt that its completely original, however on the first picture, you can see the left upper corner of the root is missing a part, this is a good thing, that shows its not completely restored otherwise it would have been like the right side.

how big is it ? you forgot to mention? 

In my opinion a very nice tooth , a nice thing to have for any Shark teeth collector. 

• Enjoyed 1
  • Thank You 1

Very nice Megalodon tooth.  The crown looks spectacular with its colors and crisp serrations, with an obvious repair where the seller indicated.  You never know about the roots with these Indonesia teeth and how much if any resto has been done.  On the surface its a looks good.

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

That's a nice tooth, with natural root and one or two glued parts (possibly the other corner is glued too). I would just like to add that keep in mind: these teeth are very common, not rare at all. The market is flooded with indo-megs and when megs are glued or restored they drop in value. Indo-megs are so commonly found that, you can easily get tired of messages every day from multiple resellers in Indonesia offering you a 5"+ meg. Besides, nearly all the big Indo-megs on our favourite auction site have some restoration. 

I have a few in collection, but I stoped buying them when prices started getting ridiculous. They are nice and all, but I'ld say most indo-megs on the market are B or C grade (this example included) when it comes to "high quality nitpicking collecting" and not worth what Indonesians are asking for (some Indonesian resellers made more money than USA CEOs in the last few years, while selling megs - considering 200$ is average wage in Indonesia). Sorry a 5"+ tooth with eroded root is not worth close to 4 figures, no matter how sharp the serrations. All land found teeth have sharp serrations and they are very common in Java! Once the less experienced buyers decided to start buying Indo-megs, the prices went above high retail value. Nowadays, if you do your research, the retail USA sellers are offering good quality Indo-megs for less as Indonesian resellers. Not all of them, but some of them. So I would suggest you do your research well, before buying any Indo-megs, no matter how nice you think they are. They are so common, that the next indo-meg tooth you'll like is just around the corner...  

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Any red flag on this Megalodon tooth ?