SomeDino

I obtained this tooth on a dig back in early June close to Jordan, Montana and was immediately told it was definitely a raptor tooth and was content with that. But more recently I’ve gotten curious and done some reading to try to figure out what exactly it was. From what I’ve read and seen online, it is pretty much a token Acheroraptor tooth with the very apparent ridges and larger serrations on one side while the other has small or none, but I wanted to double check with someone more familiar with the teeth to make sure. I’ll post any pictures requested, thanks! 

(also, please don’t tell me this tooth is fake or super restored because it is 100% not. I discovered and prepared this tooth myself and the only damage its had is a break that was glued back together near the root. It feels like this should be common sense after saying I found this myself in the post already, but I've already had people tell me I'm posting fake fossils [and arrowheads, but thats a different story])

6A061238-EB05-49E2-BEDB-A843A7DEF6F4.jpeg

4CB064AA-F670-4EE2-AEFA-24A181EC1B3D.jpeg

836C9CDE-20CA-4789-998F-22386177FA13.jpeg

07B9A151-4E6B-4F7A-B473-68AF44B67166.jpeg

Yup, looks like A. temertyorum

• Thank You 1

"Argumentation cannot suffice for the discovery of new work, since the subtlety of Nature is greater many times than the subtlety of argument." - Carl Sagan

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there." - Richard Feynman

Collections: Hell Creek Microsite | Hell Creek/Lance | Dinosaurs | Sharks | SquamatesPost Oak Creek | North Sulphur RiverLee Creek | Aguja | Permian | Devonian | Triassic | Harding Sandstone

Instagram: @thephysicist_tff