T. rex teeth or Albertosaurus or one of each?

Tj1977

Hello I am looking for help to identify these two teeth. I was told that they are T. rex but I feel either one of both are Albertosaurus but not 100% sure how to tell. 

I have included many photos and measurements. Both teeth are from the Hell Creek Formation. 

The first tooth and the shorter one is measures 2" long by 1" wide

The second and longer tooth measures 2 1/4" long by .3/4" wide. 

Any information would be appreciated. 

Dtooth 1.jpg

Dtooth 2.jpg

Dtooth 3.jpg

Dtooth 4.jpg

Dtooth 5.jpg

Dtooth 6.jpg

Dtooth 7.jpg

Dtooth 8.jpg

Dtooth 9.jpg

Dtooth 10.jpg

Dtooth 11.jpg

Only Tyrannosaurs in Hell Creek are Tyrannosaurus and Nanotyrannus. State and county would be needed to make sure it's Hell Creek due to the many dinosaur fossil bearing locations in the US northwest. If they are from the Hell Creek Formation, then they're Tyrannosaurus rex.

• I Agree 2

:trex::brokebone: Enthusiastic Fossil Hunter bone_brokerev.pngtrexrev.png

3 minutes ago, Tj1977 said:

Yes there were found in Montana. 

Do you have a county? In Montana there is the Judith River, Hell Creek, and Two Medicine Formations, all of which have tyrannosaurs. 

• I Agree 2

:trex::brokebone: Enthusiastic Fossil Hunter bone_brokerev.pngtrexrev.png

I don't have a county currently. I got these years ago and was told by the person who collected them that they are from the Hell Creek Formation in Montana. I wish I had more info. That is why I posted here to find out if there is a certain size or things to look for that are unique on a T. rex tooth to know for sure. That is why I am asking if it might be Albertosausus. 

Thank you. I'll contact the person who found them son as they are no longer with us to find out where exactly in Montana they were found. 

• Thank You 1

That first one looks like it originally had more of its base.  Those look to be "fresh" breaks, not pre-depositional.  

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin