Are those shark tooth real? (gonna buy them)

Dargos

Hello

It's my pleasure to be a member of your lovely forum

I hope someone would help me to know if those shark tooth are real fossils or not, gonna buy them in Cairo, Egypt

FB_IMG_1664272562531.jpg

They are real.

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 4

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

I agree, and the colors on the tiger shark (upper right) are amazing.

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

Thank you guys for responding ❤️

I don't know if i'm allowed to ask about if it worth **** USD each or not (they look kinda small but he didn't confirm the sizes yet), but i saw much less prices on other websites, problem is shipping to Egypt from other countries is tricky, so i always prefer to get what i want from local sources which sometimes they overprice anything nonsensically

Should i try lower the price? Or it's okay like that??

Edited by JohnJ
Price removed

By registering on this forum, you have accepted the rules, have you read them ? Here we don’t do monetary evaluation !

Coco

Edited by Coco
  • Thank You 1

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Yeah.. .. So sorry, it's just my first time to purchase a fossil, and i'm planning to buy them all :fingerscrossed:
So i feel a little bit worried (not to get scammed).
Sorry again.

• Thank You 1

11 hours ago, Dargos said:

it's just my first time to purchase a fossil, and i'm planning to buy them all :fingerscrossed:
So i feel a little bit worried

never hurts to try for a lower price.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

While I won't give a price/value on these teeth, my advice would be to work out a deal with the seller for the 3 teeth in the top row and pass on the bottom two. Those 3 teeth are all relatively complete and nice examples.

The white one on the lower left appears to be an Otodus tooth that is in rough shape. Otodus teeth are extremely common, and much nicer examples are readily available.

Edited by Meatasaurus93

A fossils has the worth the client likes to pay :rolleyes:, so if you love them and have the money do not think about if the price is too high or not.

Try to talk to the seller if you can find a good price together, this is my opinion

On 9/28/2022 at 11:29 PM, Dargos said:

Thank you guys for responding ❤️

I don't know if i'm allowed to ask about if it worth **** USD each or not (they look kinda small but he didn't confirm the sizes yet), but i saw much less prices on other websites, problem is shipping to Egypt from other countries is tricky, so i always prefer to get what i want from local sources which sometimes they overprice anything nonsensically

Should i try lower the price? Or it's okay like that??

You could do some online searching using the provided identification and locality info, to compare with other product listings of the same type of fossil. That's what I do all the time. This should give you a general idea of what a reasonable price range should be on these. At that point it's up to you on what you're willing to pay and how much you're willing to bargain.

Edited by Mochaccino