Texas Cretaceous Very Micro Matrix Available

ClearLake

A few months ago I had the opportunity to collect a bunch of matrix from the Cretaceous aged (Campanian) Ozan Formation of North Texas in the "red beds".  The larger fraction is rich in sharks teeth and other small macro fauna.  After breaking down the matrix, I have put it through a number of sieves to facilitate picking and sorting.  I have available lots of very fine matrix that made it through my 60 mesh sieve (so it is all smaller than 250 microns or ~0.25 mm).  In this fraction I see lots of forams, some ostracods, and some other very small fossils.  I am not really equipped to pick and analyze this small of material (and I have gallons of it) so:

If anyone would like some, just let me know (PM me) and I will be happy to send you some

Again, this is very fine, I have not seen any sharks teeth in this size range but there are other identifiable fossils.  In the US, I will be happy to send you a bag of it; if you are overseas, I may want some help with shipping costs or maybe we can do a swap of other matrix.  If you have any questions, just let me know.

Here is a quick picture of forams and some items I have picked out of the matrix offered (sorry for the lack of scale, but everything fit through 60 mesh).

2022_0509_101413_001.JPG.61616482d449f4fa75b03a61f4ca0055.JPG

• Enjoyed 6