Is this a Baryonyx tooth?

Ginger0412

Is this a genuine Baryonyx tooth? Unfortunately this tooth is currently sold out. Information is located Brook Bay, Isle of Wight, England Formation Wessex Formation - Wealden Group Size is 1.08 inches long. If anyone knows, please let me know. I appreciate everyone's comments! Thank you very much!206514-1.thumb.jpg.07d20e0db8bbb9f191f831b80c8d8970.jpg206514-2.jpg.07ac0277f805a0c6f579ca23f4c1715c.jpg

8分前、ディノダッド81は言った:

Thank you for your comment! You can't really see the serrations. I learned your opinion as one way to determine future teeth. Thank you very much for letting me know!

Edited by Ginger0412

The tooth does look like a Baryonychinae.  It has the right texture, slight curvature, the correct number of ridges per side, the only issue is the seeing the denticles. Lets make sure you know what is meant by that.  We are not looking at normal serrations, that a misnomer.  We are looking for tiny beads (small denticle) just along the two side carinae of the crown and not all in all the ridges.  They might be worn since they are small so you really need to examine the tooth carefully.

Example

bary.JPG.5621276b559b5da786c42c7f051b338b.JPG

49 minutes ago, Dino Dad 81 said:

P1300004.thumb.JPG.cb28e5d55fcb68ec7bc2d5240fe25f24.JPG

Are you sure thats a Baryonyx..   I don't see any vertical ridges, should be 6 to 7 per side.   Looks more like a croc.

Thank you for your comment. It certainly seems like it needs to be looked into. Thank you very much for letting me know!

Thanks, Very Nice tooth

From Fowler. Morph of Baryonyx teeth. 

"Sometimes fluting is absent from both sides of the crown.  When ridges are not present, they are instead replaced by a flat faceted surface, or just a typically theropodan smooth surface. Teeth lacking fluting tend to be more laterally compressed"

• Thank You 1