Went to Batesford Quarry with my club yesterday here’s my haul

Calcium

Had a good time with my club yesterday when down at Batesford Quarry and got a nice haul for a first time down there.

5F7B4839-5A10-4DBE-98C3-89E047CACDCB.jpeg

3974179A-2542-455B-A835-F43BD7B296EE.jpeg
Not to many larger shark teeth in the piles but there were millions of regular fossils (mostly spines) but always a welcome sight to behold either way

Edited by Calcium
  • Enjoyed 6

1 hour ago, FossilDAWG said:

Nice finds.

For us non-locals, could you say something about the geological formation and age?

Don

Personally I’m still a newbie to this stuff only been doing it for around 8 months but from my geological maps and the help of some experts at the club it’s Aquitanian to Miocene and has lots of fossils, from what I’ve heard and been told what people have found it contains several different species of megalodon, mako, sea urchin, shells, crabs and even some bones from the megafauna period I think as well as some penguin if your lucky

(Meg teeth and relatives of the Meg are exceptionally hard to find at the quarry but one of the members in my club has found 2 in the past which is incredibly lucky.)

(also the megafauna bones are quite small so don’t expect teeth or vertebra as such)

Edited by Calcium