Palm Point, MD - Calvert Cliffs

Toothie

I went to Palm Point, MD (Calvert Cliffs) for the first time on Fri., Oct. 7.  I hired Bill P. as a guide as he is very knowledgeable and has connections for accessing parts of the cliffs that non-residents can't access.  It was a pretty amazing day.  112 shark teeth found, not including ray plates and other fossils.  I'll need to post the other fossils later as they still haven't been unpacked yet.  I think we hiked 7 miles on the beach.  The water was like glass.  The conditions couldn't have been better.

Palm Point.jpg

• Enjoyed 8

• 3 months later...

Hi, I read your post. I see you went on a fossil hunt with Bill Prochownick. I just wanted to let you know I found out that he passed away. He was a friend of mine and many others. He was such a great guy.

• Thank You 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2023 at 9:07 AM, Calvertfossilguy said:

Hi, I read your post. I see you went on a fossil hunt with Bill Prochownick. I just wanted to let you know I found out that he passed away. He was a friend of mine and many others. He was such a great guy.

Oh no!!!!!!  He was a great guy!  We used to text about our finds (not much, but enough to think he was a distant friend).  I wondered why he stopped texting me.  I've been thinking about going out there again to search with him.  Thank you for letting me know.